So you love traveling, but traveling doesn’t seem to like you, not with the way the airplane tickets are priced anyway. Thankfully, you can feed your inner travel bug, by taking advantage of cheap air travel.
People have the misconception that traveling automatically costs a lot of money. That’s not necessarily the case, not with the availability of discount flight tickets. Listed below are some tips that you can use to get cheap air flights.
* Go online. The Internet is the best place to search for discount flight tickets, especially since there are some individuals who try to sell their tickets because their plans changed at the last minute. Just make sure that the seller is reliable, or you’ll end up losing money!
* Be flexible. For some reason, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Saturdays are the cheapest days to fly, so free your schedule if you want to get cheap air travel.
* Seek help. Don’t be afraid to make inquiries on discounts from airlines. Travel agents are usually given special rates as well, so ask around to see if you can get good rates from those who are in the know.
* The early bird gets the early worm or the discount flight ticket. Buying tickets at the last minute is a big no-no for somebody on a budget. The closer to the departure date, the more expensive the ticket will be, so try to book as early as possible.
* Charge! Some credit card companies offer complimentary plane tickets to their customers. Ask your credit card company if they have any of these offers.
* Travel light. Don’t put everything but the kitchen sink in your suitcase! Going beyond the luggage limit will incur huge penalties. To avoid that, make sure that you weigh your suitcase before you head off to the airport.
* Say no to loyalty. Sure you’ve been loyal to a certain airline since you started traveling, but there’s a good chance that there are other airlines that offer cheaper tickets than what you’re used to.
* Go on standby mode. This should be your last option, but if you desperately need to get on that plane, you can go on standby, which is hanging out at the airport waiting for a seat to become free because of cancellations. This is easier to do during off-peak seasons, since you’ll have fewer competition.
Traveling doesn’t have to burn a hole in your pocket. The technique is to look for discounts so that you can get cheap air travel tickets so that sightseeing wouldn’t have to cost an arm and a leg.
You want to find out more ways of getting cheap air travel just click on the link. Or go straight to our travel article directory for information about traveling anytime, anywhere, anyhow.